Skip to main content

CHURCH DAY - AS MY KIDS CALL IT!

 DAY 258.....

Well, today started off just like any other type of Sunday morning. 

Husband is a Worship Pastor so he is up and out the door around 5:45 AM every single Sunday so he can get to Church and turn everything on and make sure everything is running smoothly for our Sunday services. This morning he took two extra people with him; our oldest two children. They LOVE going with their Dad. Unsure why they like to get up that early, but they do unless it involves school work. This leaves me at home with our youngest which makes my morning routine easy for the most part, I mean she is 4 after all. So while we are getting ready I received a text from my oldest panicking. 

Then something happened.....

She and my son were in the back of the sanctuary in the worship room waiting for worship to be over when she decided to go out the back door to the church and around the front to use the bathroom. Afterward, she decided to walk back around to the doors behind the worship center but soon realized she locked herself out. So instead of walking back to the main entrance, she started crying and freaking out and called her friend in Ohio (because she can help) all while standing in the cold. Her dad was in the middle of singing so he had no clue what she was up to. Of course, things worked out and she was completely safe and made it back into the church building, but good gracious! 

Fast forward to this evening and I swear my kids act like it's the end of the world when they have to clean their room. Anyone else's kids like this or just mine? It is honestly the end of the world when they have to clean up and then it becomes his or her fault that the other person's room is a mess. So then the yelling starts because the oldest two are at each other's throats and then I step in and take things away (they love when this happens).

I then proceed to tell them they need to eat and go to bed because well....they start back at public school tomorrow (online), but they have been homeschooled since August. I thought I was going to be a macho mom and teach my kids on my own, go back to school for myself, keep my house tidy, and somehow not lose my sanity. Let's just say that didn't work out too well. I taught my kids for the first semester, but I just can't do it anymore. I told my husband I feel as though I have failed my kids, but in all honesty, they just need someone else besides Mom to be their teacher and hold them accountable. This meant I had to re-enroll them back in public school which does take some off my plate and lessens my anxiety. So, tomorrow starts an entirely new chapter. 

Would love to hear feedback from other moms and or guardians on how they are dealing with this school year and quarantine. Every state is so different in how things are being handled with holiday shopping, school situations, etc. Every school here in New Mexico is doing remote learning from home and I know for myself my "ME" time has been completely stripped away and my anxiety level is legit through the roof every single day. 

I am praying for all those stay at home parents who are about to lose their minds if they haven't already. YOU GOT THIS and keep your head above water. 

 <3 Ashley 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Chance at Foster Care....

 For those of you who do not know, Tim and I were recently denied the chance to be foster parents due to my husband being a worship pastor and because of our family's religious involvement. To say we are disappointed and upset is an understatement. We started this process 13 months ago and the way we were treated by the Bernalillo County CYFD office is appalling and disgraceful. It is clear to us that they would rather a child sleep on their office floor than be in a loving Christian home.  With this being said I created an infographic for "Why religion is Important in Foster Care" for my current college class and decided that I wanted to post it for you all to read. I wish I had this to show those who denied us just last week. We will continue to pray for God's plan even if that means fostering or adopting is not meant to be right now.  Have an amazing week and please let me know your thoughts on the infographic! Do you think I should publish on a more populated site